(RN) Registered Nurses become a School Nurse 2018-2019-No experience needed!
New York, NY 10038
Become a New York City School Nurse, We are hiring for Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and The Bronx. No experience needed.
Gotham will train all Registered (RN’s) to become a School Nurse.
Gotham is currently hiring Registered Nurses to become a Public or Charter School School Nurse! You will have the option to work either per-diem and choose any dates that you want to work. You can also select an ongoing assignment for the same school for the entire school year! Hourly pay-rate $36.00 an hour!
Gotham will provide to you free BCLS renewal classes and other fabulous incentives!
You get to choose 1-day below for a Gotham School Nurse Orientation /Training:
- Wednesday, Jan 16th, from 9AM to 1PM
- Wednesday, Jan 23th, from 9AM to 1PM
- Wednesday, Feb 6th, from 9AM to 1PM
- Wednesday, Feb 13th, from 9AM to 1PM
- Wednesday, Feb 27th, from 9AM to 1PM
(no worries, School Nurse experience is not needed, you just need to have a minimum of 2 years experience working as a Registered Nurse in any capacity)
Please apply now in order to get you registered for orientation. You may submit your resume via text! Just snap a picture of your resume, and text it to Edwin at (347) 989-6948 for immediate response!
- 2 years Nursing Experience
- ASN or BSN Degree
- New York State Nursing License
For more information, please text Edwin anytime at (347) 989-6948 or just apply now!
You may come to Gotham directly to apply anytime Monday through Friday,10AM to 3:00PM.
Gotham is located at:75 Maiden Lane, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10038.
Please bring the following:
- BCLS Card (if you have)
- Malpractice (if you have)
- Two work references (name and contact number is fine)
- State ID
- Social Security or passport
Ask for Edwin!
Listed below is a summary/job description
- Maintains standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures established by the agency and DOE.
- Performs comprehensive physical assessments and documents the patient's biophysical and psychosocial status; educational needs.
- Correctly identifies the need for immediate or emergency treatment,and on-going medical needs
- Assist students in acquiring and maintaining objectives and skills specified on their IEP
- Improve student's development of independent functioning in educational setting
- Ensure that students participate successfully in their primary educational programs with out intensive assistance of Health services.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all nursing activities, a daily log of medical room visits and completing/submitting other required forms.
- Provide Health services in a prompt, clinically proficient/professional manner, pursuant to DOE policies and procedures.
- Provide direct health services to students with chronic health conditions, including but not limited to asthma, attention deficit disorder, diabetes,allergies,anaphylaxisand seizure disorders, including prescribed routing nursing procedures, monitoring BG and performing catheterizations, tube feedings, trach care and suctioning.
- Provide direct health services as needed due to illness, including but not limited to acute care for students with illnesses such as seizure disorders, allergies, diabetes, nosebleeds and performing emergency care for injuries; and
- Provide nursing assessment an management, including the health of students with known suspected health problems, providing health information and assessing the health of students referred by teachers, assessing for the potential of communicable diseases in instances of rashes, cluster of illnesses, blood exposures, and notifying all required entities, such as Supervising Nurse, school administration and parents/guardians.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and clinical knowledge in planning and decision making.
- Completes the continuing education requirements annually.
- Consistently complies with standards for attendance, absence notification and punctuality
- Wear appropriate clothing for school standards
- Photo ID must be visibly worn.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism through appearance, performance and communication.
- Assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted notices, communications and
- policies /procedures.
- Demonstrates competencies to provide care to patients of all ages.
- Respects the rights, privacy, and property of others at all times.
- Assumes responsibility to participate in performance improvement activities as directed.
Gotham Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees