Childcare Aides / Chaperones to work at ACS in Manhattan!
75 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038
Childcare Aides / Chaperons to work at ACS in Manhattan!
Gotham has exciting opportunities to work at ACS in Manhattan!
Shifts are for Evenings: 4PM to 12AM or Nights 12AM to 8AM!
Sunday and Monday all shifts: 12A 8AM, 8AM to 4PM or 4PM to 12AM.
Engage with kids, play, guide, mentor and have fun at work!.
You are required to have at least two or more years of experience working in any of the following:
- Primary School
- Youth Group
- Worked with troubled teenagers
Must possess a high school diploma/high school equivalency diploma.
Childcare Aides Job Duties:
- Childcare Aides shall provide for the physical and emotional needs of the ACS Youth according to their level of dependency.
- Childcare Aides shall accompany and chaperone ACS Youth while traveling to and from various locations throughout the five (5) boroughs of New York City and the surrounding counties as identified by ACS including, but not limited to, the Pre-Placement Sites; the Field Offices, New York City Family Court Locations, and Department of Education schools, the offices of ACS-contracted foster care providers, and medical offices ("Chaperone Services").
- Childcare Aides shall supervise and assist the ACS Youth during mealtime including, but not limited to, assisting young children and infants to eat.
- Childcare Aides shall immediately refer ACS Youth to the on-site medical staff at the first sign of any illness.
- Childcare Aides shall supervise, in an age and gender appropriate manner, the ACS Youth's use of showers.
- Childcare Aides may bathe small children, and ensure that they have clean and appropriate clothing and towels.
- Childcare Aides shall assist small children in dressing including, but not limited to, changing diapers.
- Childcare Aides shall lift and carry older children who have physically matured but cannot ambulate due to physical deformity or injury and shall assist such children in dressing including, but to limited to, changing diapers.
- Childcare Aides shall guide, supervise and encourage the ACS Youth in recreational activities, household routines, socially acceptable habits, and personal matters of grooming, hygiene and manners. At all times, Childcare Aides shall promote each ACS Youth's wellbeing.
- Childcare Aides shall stimulate the ACS Youth to seek knowledge and guide them in developing useful and necessary skills, habits and behavior patterns.
- Childcare Aides shall provide companionship by talking and reading to the ACS Youth and engaging in recreation with the ACS Youth in order to provide stimulation, interest, diversion, comfort and/support.
- Childcare Aides shall supervise children on field trips, movies and other similar outings.
- Childcare Aides shall assist ACS in providing a quiet, orderly, and safe sleeping area with clean linens for the ACS Youth.
- Childcare Aides shall encourage all ACS Youth to rest at the appropriate times.
- Childcare Aides shall ensure all areas used by the ACS Youth are kept clean, which includes light housekeeping such as laundry, sweeping, dusting and picking up after the ACS Youth. When appropriate, Childcare Aides shall instruct and encourage age-appropriate ACS Youth to put away toys and other recreational materials and equipment.
- Childcare Aides shall engage ACS Youth in meaningful activities, and remain engaged with children during activities while onsite and off-site.
- Childcare Aides shall maintain a calm and disciplined environment for the ACS Youth.
- Childcare Aides shall control verbally and physically aggressive ACS Youth by using age-appropriate techniques which may include brief, physical restraint only when used to prevent harm and ensure the safety of themselves or others.
You will need the following to start processing:
- Updated Resume (must show your 2 or more years working with children)
- High School Diploma or Higher Education Degree
- Drug Screen (we will send you)
- State ID
- Social Security Card
- 4 Solid Work References (you can have name and phone number)
- Fingerprint (We will send you)
Gotham offers all Childcare Aides the following:
- Paid Sick Day
- Health Insurance
- Weekly Pay
Gotham Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees