MED SURG RN (REGISTERED NURSE)
75 MAIDEN LANE NEW YORK, NY 10038 New York, NY 10038
Gotham Per Diem is seeking MED SURG RNs for ALL SHIFTS throughout many HOSPITALS in the METRO NYC AREA. BRONX, BROOKLYN, QUEENS, MANHATTAN.
A registered professional nurse who is capable of diagnosing and treating human responses to actual or
potential problems, heath care finding, health teaching, health counseling and provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well being and executing medical regimens by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized physician.
- Maintains standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures established by the agency.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessments and documents the patient’s biophysical psychosocial status; educational needs; and service requests.
- Designs all aspects of a nursing care plan that is consistent with the medical regime to meet the patient’s needs and abilities.
- Routinely updates patient’s nursing care plan.
- Accurately evaluates and documents patient’s change in status and reports to Supervisor and the Physician.
- Accurately documents implementation and revisions of the patient’s care plan, vital signs, and education.
- Initiates and documents counseling and teaching for the client & his/her family.
- Initiates and documents discharge planning.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with the client and his/her family members.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with other members of the health care team.
- Administers and documents clients prescribed medication competently.
- Demonstrates competence in performing all treatments per MD plan of care.
- Consistently adheres to standard precautions, transmission precautions, aseptic technique and infection control guidelines
- Consistently seeks, accepts and implements suggestions to improve performance.
- Consistently assumes and follows through on the responsibility for assignment.
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively under stressful situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient assessments and records.
- Utilizes time effectively, maintaining a consistent level of productivity.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing precedures.
- Demonstrates competencies to provide care to patients of all ages.
- Coordinates patient’s services and scheduling of multidisciplinary appointments and therapies.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and clinical knowledge is planning and decision making.
- Completes the continuing education requirements annually.
- Consistently complies with standards for attendance, absence notification and punctuality.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism through appearance, performance and communication.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and clinical knowledge in planning, and decision making.
- Assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted notices, communications and policies/procedures.
- Assumes responsibility to participate in performance improvement activities as directed.
- Currently licensed in the State of New York as a Registered Nurse in good standing.
- Minimum one (1) year general Medical-Surgical Nursing experience.
- Able to meet health standards of employment.
- Must maintain current BLS Certification and other requirements.
- Criminal background check required, after a bona fide job offer
- Must successfully complete orientation examinations and competencies.
- Maintains physical capabilities to perform all work related duties
- Ability to tolerate varied levels of stress.
- Frequently handles sharp instruments and contaminated needles.
- Caring for physically combative patients
- Potential exposure to hazardous substances (e.g. infections, chemotherapeutic, IV medications).
- Potential exposure to infectious disease.
- Frequent lifting and moving of patients.
- Emotional stress factor inherent with position.
Gotham Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees