MEDICAL ASSISTANT - MANDARIN/CANTONESE/ENGLISH
Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn, NY 11220
The Medical Assistant will assist in all aspects of patient flow throughout the Outpatient Physician Department. This includes, but is not limited to greeting patients, pulling/filing charts, typing forms, preparing documentation for transmission, answering telephones and assisting the physician, physician’s assistant, clinical nurse and technical staff in various aspects of patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides translation for Mandarin & Cantonese speaking patients.
- Ensure that the patient is greeted in a professional manner upon triage period
- Responsible in seeking why the patient is here today before they are seen by the doctor
- Responsible for the proper taking and recording of the patient’s vital signs
- Prepare chart after registration, ensuring that all paperwork necessary for completing the visit is present
- Assist physicians and clinical nurse(s) as needed
- Assist and direct patients to proper specified area, resulting in a smooth flow of clinic areas
- Responsible for all exam and clerical areas are well stocked with all the appropriate materials
- Ensure that all medical forms are completed properly and that the doctor has signed and documented all required forms (including doctor notes, ancillaries, thresholds, etc.)
- Demonstrates courtesy and considerations in regards to patient confidentiality
- Provide referrals for patients as needed
- Knowledge of all equipment in work area and maintenance of the equipment
- Photocopy necessary forms/documents for transmission
- Full utilization of computerized system, (where appropriate), including updating information, answering requests by physicians, medical assistants, physician assistant, and executive staff. (Athena, Cerner, Eagle, Med-Manager, etc.).
- Respond to information contained in Athena EMR “Buckets”.
- Assist in answering phones in a professional manner
- Performs Phlebotomy
- Performs EKG and application of cardiac monitors
- Performs duties in compliance with all safety and infection control guidelines
- Give specific consideration of population related needs during processes of assessment, treatment and care
- Maintains logs as necessary (i.e., labs, specimen containers, refrigerator temperatures, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in human growth and development in patient care and management
- Make call backs/reminder calls for patients with upcoming appointments as assigned
- Must be able to perform light typing and filing
- Performs all other job-related functions as designated by the Office Manager
- Demonstrates a sense of calmness in stressful situations
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Faxes and scans documents
- Prepares Medical Waste
- Stocks exam rooms
- Maintains and monitors medication cabinets
- Interacts with patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees in a considerate, helpful, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Displays a positive attitude within the department and across departmental lines in support of the organization's programs and mission.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team to facilitate goals and objectives.
- Maintains confidentiality of all organization's and patient information.
- Presents neat appearance in proper attire and identification as required by position and organization's policy.
- Fosters mature professional relationships with fellow employees.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- 1year (minimum) in a health care facility preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) required
- BCLS certification required
- Trilingual: Cantonese, Mandarin, English required
- Medical Terminology
- Computer skills
Gotham Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees