MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
BROOKLYN , NY Brooklyn, NY 11201
Supports physician staff by representing physicians; screening and sorting mail, documents, and telephone calls; scheduling patient appointments and arranging referrals; billing patients and third-party payers; patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts, and correspondence; maintaining office files and patient records; verifying insurance/authorization.
* Represents physicians by screening incoming telephone calls; recording and transmitting messages; scheduling, receiving, and announcing scheduled patients and visitors; screening unscheduled patients and visitors; arranging referrals to other health care providers; scheduling appointments for consultations, lab tests, MRI's, CT scans, etc.
* Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendars; scheduling patient appointments; physician consultations; professional meetings, conferences; teleconferences, and travel.
* Produces information by transcribing dictation, preparing medical reports and summaries, patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts and correspondence; planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling projects.
* Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintaining patient records; recording meeting discussions.
* Generates revenues by completing direct patient and third-party billing; monitoring accounts receivables; initiating collection calls and reminders.
* Secures information by completing database back-ups.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
* Serves and protects the health care community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Enhances physician office reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Medical Office Experience - General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Business Knowledge, Organization, Time Management, Customer Service, Verbal Communication, PC Proficiency, Reporting Skills, EMR
Gotham Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees