OFFICE ASSISTANT - MANDARIN/CANTONESE/ENGLISH
Brooklyn, NY Brooklyn, NY 11220
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide effective communication of translating foreign language (Mandarin, Cantonese) between patients and center staff
- Registering patients with all required information accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Full utilization of computerized system, (where appropriate), including updating information, answering requests by physicians, medical assistants, physician assistant, and executive staff. (Athena, Cerner, Eagle, Med-Manager, etc.).
- Answers phones, takes and relays messages in a timely and appropriate and courteously manner.
- Greets and assists community members, physician staff, external vendors, repair and maintenance personnel, utility and commercial services.
- Ensure that Managed Care authorizations and/or referrals are obtained for all patients in which required one.
- Surgical Booking and office-based procedures
- Obtains necessary authorizations for surgeries, radiology procedures and pharmaceuticals
- Maintains record keeping and filing system in accordance with departmental systems
- Maintains accurate cashier records and documentation regarding money
- Obtains required signatures on all appropriate insurance forms and completing same for physician billing and financial department.
- Makes photocopies and faxes documents as required
- Makes appointments for patients at the center
- Maintains medical record files
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information in response to requested correspondence
- Discharging of patients with appropriate follow-up of appointments, prescriptions and referrals
- Responsible for miscellaneous clerical duties which include making patient charts, ordering supplies and answering phones.
- Ensures proper maintenance of all utilized equipment and reports any malfunction to their supervisor.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Cantonese and Mandarin speaking required.
- Basic computer literacy is required. Work, Power point, excel, outlook preferred.
- Average typing skills 45 wpm
- Working knowledge of computer systems, typewriter, scanner, copier, fax machine.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Displays a positive attitude within the department and across departmental lines in support of the Organization’s programs and mission.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team to facilitate goals and objectives. Fosters mature professional relationships with fellow employees.
- Ability to interact with patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees in a considerate, helpful, and courteous manner.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years of medical business/medical office experience.
Gotham Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees