Pay rate ranges from $74.10 to $80.28 based on experience. Utilize the nursing process in the provision of direct patient care. Responsible and accountable for prescribing, delegating, and coordinating all care provided to assigned patients. Delivery of care is based on the standards of care and practices established by the Department of Nursing and other policies and procedures (hospital, nursing, multidisciplinary).
Diagnose and treat human responses to actual and potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching, health counseling, and provision of care supportive or to restorative of life and well-being. Supervise patient care provided by licensed practical nurses (LPNs), registered nurses on permit (RNP), nursing attendants, technicians, and supplemental staff.
1. Assess the immediate and continuing care needs of the patient/significant other.
2. Develop comprehensive and current plans of care which include physical needs, patient, patient teaching, and discharge planning and psychosocial/spiritual needs.
3. Provide direct patient care based on assessed needs and the medical regimen. Oversees and ensures the provision of all aspects of care for the patient. Supervises the care provided by other nursing personnel as defined in the scope of practice.
4. Observe, evaluate, document, and communicate to relevant team members the patient's response to illness and/or therapeutic modalities. Ensures timely reassessment of patient responses to treatment and when significant changes occur in patient condition and/or diagnosis.
5. Coordinate the overall plan of care to ensure implementation of nursing interventions and consistency with medical regimen.
(a) Establish priorities for care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and initiates follow-up, as indicated, to ensure timely provision of patient care and therapeutic modalities.
(b) Assure the plan of care integrates age-specific care needs (e.g. pediatrics, geriatrics) as defined in the unit scope of care.
6. Accept responsibility and accountability for nursing interventions and outcomes based on professional clinical judgments.
7. Participate in QI activities related to patient care delivery and the development of nursing/hospital standards.
8. Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, manage stressful situations appropriately and facilitate interpersonal relationships with other disciplines.
1. Participates in the orientation of nursing staff.
2. Assumes charge responsibilities as delegated by the Nurse/Manager designee.
3. Ensures appropriate coverage of all patients by assisting and relieving co-workers, and working on other units as assigned.
4. Maintains a safe, therapeutic environment for patients, significant others, and staff.
5. Serves as a clinical resource for student nurses.
6. Participates in meetings, committees, conferences, and educational programs.
7. Participates in research and pilot projects supported by the Nursing Department.
8. Demonstrates responsibility for continuing professional growth and education, including attendance at staff development and continuing education programs, pursuance of baccalaureate/graduate degrees in nursing, and appropriate professional certifications.
9. Participates in appropriate professional and community organizations.
Schedule Notes:Shift: 1 nights (7pm 7:30am), Every other weekend
1 days (7am 7:30pm), Every other weekend
No experience required, some preferred.
Ability to fully utilize BHMC s electronic record systems, equipment and other healthcare and billing systems relevant to this position.
Knowledge and Skills:
Good interpersonal skills.
Education: "Required: BSN prepared, 3 -5 years critical care experience in a Level I Trauma Center, BLS, ACLS, PALS.Preferred: Board Certification"
Speak, Read, Write
Job Category: Clinical