Pay rate ranges from $50-$57/hr based on experience.
$7,500 sign-on bonus. $3,750 paid after 6-months, the balance $3,750 will be paid after another 6-months.
Duties, Responsibilities, Competencies
1. Assess patient and family needs to provide quality care to assigned
2. Organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel to provide effective and
efficient case management.
3. Considers cost containment by using supplies economically and in effective
4. Prepares the operating room according to requirements of patient/procedure
to be performed.
5. Implements plan of care safely and effectively and provides safe
environment, including, but not limited to:
positioning patient safely, padding bony prominences and ensuring
respiratory and circulatory protection
ensuring correct prepping and draping procedures
conducting "time out process prior to incision to ensure correct
patient, correct procedures and correct surgical site.
ensures asepsis during all procedures. Opens and presents sterile
items to sterile field aseptically; ensures supplies are not expired.
accounting for all sponges, needles, sharps, during and after the
procedures and documenting appropriately
including promoting positive communication with all team members
6. Anticipates needs of surgical team and assists anesthesia personnel by
supporting patient during administration of anesthesia
7. Maintains current knowledge, certification, and licensure. Pursues growth
8. Functions as a role model for current and new staff.
9. Demonstrates a professional manner.
10. Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her
responsibilities related to general safety, center/service safely, and specific
11. Follows the center exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne
12. Assumes other duties as assigned.
1. RISE The extent to which an employee demonstrates participation in the
Respect Caring - Demonstrating an awareness for compassion toward
Registered Nurse Peri-Operative (OR)
Integrity - Being true to what we say we believe in, doing what we say
we will do and adhering to our commitments
Stewardship - Responsibility to properly utilize and develop our people.
Property and assets while fostering a safe and secure environment
Efficiency - Appropriate identification, selection and management of all
resources to ensure excellent clinical and financial outcomes
2. Quality The extent to which an employees work is accurate, thorough and
3. Productivity The extent to which an employee produces a significant
volume of work efficiently in a specified period of time.
4. Job Knowledge The extent to which an employee possesses the
practical/technical knowledge required on the job as evidenced by the
annual competency assessment
5. Reliability The extent to which an employee can be relied upon regarding
task completion and follow-up.
6. Attendance The extent to which an employee is punctual, observes
prescribed work break/meal periods and has an acceptable overall
7. Independence The extent to which an employee performs work with little
or no supervision.
8. Creativity The extent to which an employee proposes ideas, finds new and
better ways of doing things.
9. Initiative The extent to which an employee seeks out new assignments
and assumes additional duties when necessary.
10. Adherence to Policy The extent to which an employee follows safety and
conduct rules, other regulations and adheres to company policies.
(Compliance, Risk, Safety, Infection Control, Sentinel Events, Abuse, etc.)
11. Interpersonal Relationships The extent to which an employee is willing
and demonstrates the ability to cooperate, work and communicate with
coworkers, supervisors, subordinates and/or outside contacts.
12. Judgment The extent to which an employee demonstrates proper
judgment and decision-making skills when necessary.
Education / Licensure / Certification
Must possess a current (state) license as a Registered Nurse.
Minimum of two years OR nursing experience.
BLS, ACLS, PALS certifications
Specialty certification in related area
Physical / Mental Requirements
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental
regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and
procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, patients, physicians and the