PSYCHIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER
New York, NY New York, NY 10036
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides direct patient care, on a part-time basis, including psychiatric evaluation and diagnosis and, where indicated, the prescribing and management of medications to a populations of adults in a medical model adult day health care program for people with chronic medical, psychiatric and substance use disorders.
The general goals of the program are to stabilize clients so they can actively participate in group-based health literacy, treatment adherence, mental health and substance use treatment. Nutrition education and dietetic supports are also provided. As clients are able, they are given the opportunity to participate in computer literacy training, prevocational readiness programming, resume building, interview coaching and job readiness.
- Coordinates care with interdisciplinary program staff in treatment planning and intervention for clients on his/her caseload and consults with outside psychiatric practitioners treating other program clients.
- Completes documentation in a timely and accurate fashion including psychiatric evaluations and medication logs.
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Provides ‘meducation’ and/or psychoeducation group(s).
- May provide individual psychotherapy on a limited basis if desired.
- Current and valid New York state license as Nurse Practitioner.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with patients in the in a mental health or psychiatric environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate other staff.
- A thorough understanding of documentation and the ability to complete all documentation accurately and timely.
- Experience in the field of Chemical Dependency is a plus.
Gotham Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees