WELLNESS COORDINATOR - LPN
New York , NY New York, NY 10036
The Wellness Coordinator coordinates all aspects of the Wellness intake process upon Admission. Supports the ALP Nurse Manager in monitoring the health of the residents, oversees the functions in the Wellness Office, and helps coordinate Quality and Compliance initiatives to ensure regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports the ALP Nurse Manager in addressing resident health concerns including visiting with residents, shares clinical observations and communicates as necessary to medical and other Providers; and communicating information to RSAs/SRSAs.
- Works with the Wellness Office Assistant to ensure any Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and medical supplies are ordered and medical appointment transportation is coordinated; ensure annual Uniform Assessments System (UAS), medical and mental health ass4essments are completed timely.
- Audits and supports the medication assistance program including, but not limited to, ensuring medications are appropriately stored and in stock, renewals are done timely, MARs are updated and complete, narcotic log is accurate and up to date.
- Reports the UAS scores to the Administrator and Finance Department on a monthly basis.
- Ensures completion and tracking of QAPI and Compliance scorecard data which includes; data entry, minute taking and follow up.
- Oversees influenza administration and tracking for staff and residents.
- Works with EHS to ensure compliance with staff annual physicals.
- Audits medical records regularly to ensure they are in compliance and will organized.
- Serve as the Medical Record Liaison, maintaining files and records with effective filing systems to ensure records are readily, available and easily accessible.
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities and works with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and varying customer needs.
- Influences others to act in support of ideas, programs, or causes
- Aligns the direction, products, services, and performance of a business line with the rest of the organization.
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization; provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Minimum formal education of Associate Degree or certification equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years job related
- NYS Registered Licensed Practical Nurse
Acts in ways that demonstrates personal integrity and serves as a positive example of why others should trust the motives of the organization. Views himself or herself as a reflection of the organization by following through on commitments and accepting ownership of any mistakes he or she might make. Leaves others with the clear impression that integrity is a core value at this organization. This is in contrast to individuals who make commitments that go unmet, fail to acknowledge their role in disappointing events, or whose actions (or inaction) leave others with doubts about the level of trust that should be placed in the organization.
Customer Focus/Cultural Awareness
Takes on a holistic customer service approach for both external (and internal) customers that demonstrates an awareness of the needs of individuals. Engages the whole person and strives to connect on multiple levels (i.e., physical, emotional, mental, cultural, and spiritual levels) and understands that the human being is multi-dimensional. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires about customer satisfaction with products or services. Can apply understanding of cultural needs when providing service. This is in sharp contrast to behavior patterns that tend to disappoint customers, leave them feeling forgotten and unimportant or that otherwise result in unmet needs or expectations, investing little or no time attempting to build relationships or taking into account cultural needs.
Adjusts quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands. Discusses change as a necessary and inevitable aspect of organizational life as well as an opportunity to learn new things. Has a similar view and approach to potentially stressful situations. Invests personal energy toward accepting and adapting to change that others use toward resisting or resenting it. This is in contrast to those who tend to react too negatively about change and whose productivity and relationships with others suffer as a result. Those who fail to demonstrate flexibility tend to continue in a direction that is no longer relevant or productive, express regrets when things are not as they used to be and show distinct signs of stress while others are already swimming in the direction of the tide
Result Oriented/Innovative Thinking
Achieves results within established timelines and looks for new and innovative approaches that will improve efficiency. Champions new ideas and builds upon existing processes. Understands and demonstrates that intentions, activities and results are not the same. Expects that obstacles will occur and refuses to use them as an excuse for not achieving results. This compares favorably to those who seek to justify poor results by describing intentions or activities, who get derailed by obstacles, and/or who frequently miss deadlines without giving a prior warning or tend to embrace the status quo.
Gotham Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees